Ø 47 BIG DEPS 4 MHR
Universal cylinder kit for mopeds
The cylinder kit Ø 47 BIG DEPS 4 MHR combines the best aspects of the BIG DEPS with absolutely innovative and unique features.
Designed for all the Ciao, Si, Bravo, Boss and Grillo mopeds, it is at the top of the range of the already extensive family of tuning kits for Mopeds. The drilling, unlike the other components in the range, involves fixing the cylinder exclusively to the Malossi MP-One casing by means of 4 studs thanks to which, in addition to distributing the forces during operation in a much more efficient manner, our technicians have finally created an exhaust that is perfectly centred with the axis along which the entire washing process develops, with, at the same time, a much thinner and profiled crosspiece.
- Material: primary aluminium alloy with a high content of tempered and stabilised silicon.
- Exhaust flange connection.
- Updated intake ports.
- Completely centralised exhaust port with re-profiled crosspiece!
- Single ring piston.
- New annealed aluminium head gasket.
- Fixing to the casing with 4 studs!
- Completely redesigned head.
- High precision coupling between head and cylinder thanks to an external centring.
The cylinder draws its peculiar characteristics from the BIG DEPS range: the same aluminium alloy, barrel with nickel-chromium coating, the same redesigned central core and identical ring washing strategy.
The support surface in the front part of the cylinder continues to be worked with high precision diamond tools and has 4 holes for fixing of the exhaust flange.
The result has translated into a further and significant increase in performance!
Finally, the most reliable and safe strategy of coupling and centring between cylinder and head has also been applied to these cylinders: external centring!
Using this technique, the same used in our range of racing cylinders, the relative centring of the two components is obtained thanks to a high precision coupling created on a diameter external to the cylinder fixing studs.
This strategy is successful because it does not require any interface component, such as, for example, bushings, and moreover, being created on a diameter external to the studs, it can be used to exploit areas of the cylinder normally free from further tensions, typical of the geometry close to the barrel, where combustion takes place, without dangerously overloading the resistant structure.
The position makes the machining more agile and allows greater precision of the couplings.
The gasket envelope is enhanced with a specific 0.5mm annealed COPPER gasket, specifically designed for the new head. This material has a higher heat transmission coefficient than aluminium and, therefore, transmits a greater quantity of heat from the combustion chamber to the cooling fins, keeping the temperatures in the chamber more controlled. A greater permeability to the heat flow also avoids the danger of overheating of the gasket itself and increases its duration over time, also avoiding the leakage of mixture out of the head.
For the correct sizing of the entire cylinder kit, our technicians have designed a new version of the historic Ø 47 piston equipped with a single sealing band, also created with ultra modern technologies.
The single band is used to maintain the same standard of sealing and pressure insulation, but with lower friction, all to the advantage of performance and durability.
The exhaust outlet uses the same strategy as the other versions: a steel fitting with housing for OR fits into the seat created in the cylinder and is held in position by a flange also in aluminium, made by high precision laser cutting and fixed with 4 screws.
With this system, no matter how much power the engine can produce, our exhaust will not unscrew and will not fail even in extreme conditions!
An absolute novelty: the detail that makes the new cylinder kit even more unique!
The Malossi technicians have invested a great deal of energy in creating an innovative head with unique features.
- Profiled fins to channel the flow of cooling air and to make it flow along the hottest surfaces, thus optimising the heat exchange and, consequently, the outflow of heat from the combustion chamber to prevent dangerous temperature levels from being reached.
- An additional lateral fin to direct as much heat as possible from the combustion chamber towards the outside of the cylinder and to maximise every fin, including the external ones, further away from the heat source and therefore less efficient and less involved in the disposal action.
- A central radially strengthened structure, starting from the centre of the combustion chamber, to significantly increase the general resistance of the structure itself and to contain the deformations due to elongation of the aluminium at engine operating temperatures. By decreasing the deformations, the contact between the head and the cylinder is always and constantly on one level and guarantees insulation of the combustion chamber from the external environment, eliminating any possible source of outward loss or leakage.
- A spark plug perfectly centred in the combustion chamber. By centralising the spark and keeping the entire washing chain (intake and exhaust ports) symmetrical with respect to the cylinder and directed along a single axis, without damaging curvatures of the flow of fresh and burnt gases, an exceptionally regular combustion was obtained, developed in a straight line across the top of the piston crown. The higher performances, due to optimisation of the washing, trapping and combustion performances, have been coupled with optimisation and an optimal distribution of the stresses derived from both the pressure of the expanding gases, and the inertial forces of the crank mechanism kinematics, better tolerated by the supporting structures of the engine.
- In the lower part there is an additional fin which, facilitated by a fin extended to the opposite side to create a bulkhead, is able to channel the flow of air towards the finned part. This solution is used to exploit every surface of the head, directing the heat flow away from the combustion chamber.
- Domes adequately sized and integrated into the geometry of the head with a surface for supporting the fixing nuts machined in order to obtain surfaces with low roughness.
- The old fastening system with nuts and washers has been improved with the use of modern flanged hex nuts which are much more comfortable and functional.
- The central dome houses a flanged hex head screw with which the valve lifter for the decompressor supplied in the kit is fixed.
- A groove created in front of the seat for the valve lifter and a stop integral with the structure of the head, located in the rear part, allow the housing and correct fixing of the cable for handling of the decompressor on the Ciao, "Si” and "Bravo” type vehicles.
THE RESULT IS A HEAD THAT CAN BE MOUNTED ON EVERY TYPE OF MOPED, WITH UNIQUE TECHNICAL AND PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS AND ACCOMPANYING FIRST-CLASS COMPONENTS!
Attention: to be assembled exclusively with MP-One crankases Malossi 5717514 - 5717892.
| Ø 47 mm
||Sport / Racing
| Power range
||12 / 14 cv
| Level of elaboration
| Carburettor recommended
||Phbg 19 / Phbg 21
| Compression ratio
| N° piston rings
| N° ports
| Spark plug
||Central iw f 27
Products reserved exclusively for racing in specifically designed locations according to the provisions of the competent sporting authorities. We disclaim all liability for improper use